Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Brown Mentorship Dinner!

What a great way to end the school year; no more finals, the sun has finally come out, and then the Brown mentorship dinner!

My dad and I arrived at the El Cerrito Plaza BART station at 5:20; Erinn Kuehne and her mother Charlotte beat us! The ones who signed up for the mentorship dinner were myself, Mariko, Kathleen, and Erinn. A small group, but small and sweet! We were all excited to see each other, and we were all enjoying the fact that school was over (for Erinn and Kathleen)/about to be over (for myself and Mariko).

After an enjoyable BART ride, we arrived at the Hyatt Regency Hotel. It was very exquisite, and after riding the escalator for a bit, we were happy to see a sign that said "Ivy League Connection" that lead us to our dining room. We were soon greeted by Simon Hong, who lead us into the room, where hamburgers, sodas, french fries, and cupcakes awaited us! It was a very pleasant and nice meal.
Meeting the mentors was amazing. It was so nice to not just talk to the mentors about Brown (which they all loved and praised), but to also talk about school, extracurriculars, and colleges that we are thinking about applying about. It was especially nice to talk to those that went to El Cerrito High or had children who would soon be attending these schools.
The dinner did not last a long time, but I think that was good because like I stated earlier: short and sweet. I think everyone had a great time because I sure did; and I am very happy to be a part of the mentorship program.
Mariko, Kathleen, and I

1 comment:

  1. Adrianne,

    I figure that maybe it was your influence that got your father there so early--even if there were three of us waiting on you all.

    Better to be early than to be used as the example of what not to do when we tell stories in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics