Thursday, July 14, 2011

Heartbeats

Being at the ropes course with my W&L girls was a very eye-opening experience. I could see us all becoming aware of the mental and physical limitations and capabilities of each other. We learned waht each of us needed to feel supported and loved in high stress situation.

I could go into great detail about the many exercises we did, but it appears that my fellow Brownie has already posted about that. So I will just cut to the chase.

I learned that I tend to deeple care for people more than I am willing to let myself admit. After all of our tiring exercises Kaylyn and I laid down on the ground and I had my rested my head on her. I could hear and feel her heartbeat against mine. That made me realize something very significant that I couldn't quite grasp before then. Under all of the differences, stereotypes, or disagreements, we all have a heart and the components that make us human. We all have the potential to be strong or weak, stable or fragile, tough or sensitive. I think sometimes in the hectic competition that this world has been brought to, we can lose sight of that. But truly, we are all just human and there is no real reason for us to not at least try to make some kind of genuine effort to take care of each other.

I have a really cute picture of Kaylyn and I that I am dying to post. However, my photo uploading is still nonfunctional. So sad. I will try again later.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics