Saturday, July 16, 2011

Eventful Saturday

I woke up early this morning ready to start my day. I had signed up for the Newport beach trip during the ice cream social and was excited for the adventure to start. So many people signed up to go that Brown had to have eight buses come to pick everyone up!

We left Providence at around nine in the morning and arrived in Newport almost an hour later. Stepping off the bus, I noticed how much hotter it was than Providence. It was practically sweltering!

I spent the day with Claire, a girl in Harkness, and three boys who are taking Philosophy courses: Ian, Matt, and Patrick. We went to the beach, went on a cliff walk, and spent our time just exploring Newport. Even though the weather was hot it was nice to walk around and be in such a nice area.






After returning home, I went out for a bit and worked on my projects for class. At around nine in the evening I took a taxi to see the Water-Fire event! It was absolutely breathtaking and definitely a nice event for Providence. Several people attended and were just watching the beauty of the fires. I was glad I got to see it.



In the last picture, that is actually a person dressed up as a statue! She gave me a very nice "fortune": you will step into souls. It definitely made me think about the message behind the saying.

That concludes my Saturday. Tomorrow I will spend the whole day working on projects and reading chapters in our reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics