Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday in the Mall

Finally, Saturday has arrived! Today was an all-around awesome day. I got to catch up on my sleep, I actually had time to get ready for my day and eat a satisfying breakfast, and I got to see the Water Fire show in Downtown Providence.

Rather than waking up at 7 AM, this morning, I woke up at 10:40. My friends and I missed out on breakfast in the dining hall, so we ate brunch at Au Bon Pain. I feel that this little bakery is an iconic part of the East Coast. There aren’t any of them out on the West Coast where I live, and the food is unforgettable. After brunch, my friends Olivia, Rafjola, Rebecca, Cynthia, and I walked 2 blocks away to an eyebrow threading salon called (and pardon the innuendo) The G Spot Salon. There, Olivia got her eyebrows threaded for the very first time and loved the results. I loved her reaction to her new eyebrows and was glad she trusted me enough to experience this first time experience with her.

After getting Olivia’s eyebrows done, we left to go to the mall, Providence Place, in order to celebrate a successful first week at Brown. I felt bad for spending a lot of money, but the things I bought today were well worth it. Also, Cynthia and I bought a gift for Mariko for her birthday, and hopefully she’ll post a picture about it when we actually give it to her.

We came back to the dorms and, after a quick change of shoes, went out to V-Dub for dinner. My dinner consisted of fettuccine pasta and the tenderest grilled chicken I’ve ever had. Dinner was amazing, and we burned the calories off by walking around Providence towards the Fire Water show.

The show was simply a series of 80 firepits in the water, all of them lit up. Gondolas that carried passengers calmly floated down the river and were decorated with oriental lights and a few fiery torches. Ms. Williams, Cynthia, and Alex were with me as I watched the Water Fire Show while eating Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. We all had a casual talk that’s comparable to a mother taking in the venting of her three teenage children. She was adding in her commentary here and there, but never seemed biased about anyone’s side. Ms. Williams is taking on her chaperone role extremely well and I cannot thank her enough for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics