Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sleepy Sunday

Today I had the luxury of sleeping in for the first and last time. I woke up around 9:30, which was probably not as much sleep as I needed; however, I have always had difficulty sleeping in. Morning is my favorite time of day because it is so beautiful, so when I sleep in I feel as though I am wasting the best part of the day.


I missed breakfast at the VW, so instead a group of my friends and I went to Au Bon Pain to buy muffins and fruit. After a brief stop at Starbucks, I traveled to the science library to study in a peaceful, air-conditioned workspace. I remained here until I had to meet with my leadership fellow (TA) Tiffany to discuss my Action Plan.


Tiffany had lots of good ideas and suggestions, which I was grateful to receive. She pointed out some of the flaws in my plan and helped me remedy them. She also related some wisdom that she had come across during her own implementation of an Action Plan. She told me not to be afraid of adjusting my Action Plan if my original idea didn’t pan out. Since my Action Plan has several tricky variables, I took it to heart. I’ll try to be sure and have a backup plan, just in case!


After the meeting with Tiffany, I raced over to the student center to watch the Women’s World Cup Final–USA vs. Japan. Our wonderful, wonderful teacher, Kisa, had reserved a large, air-conditioned lounge for any interested students in the leadership institute. Apparently, since she is head of the student center, she can do things like that. It was so thoughtful of her! I enjoyed watching the game and thought it was very exciting, but I won’t deny that I was rather upset about the outcome. Losing in penalty kicks is a huge disappointment–but I need to change the subject before I get mad again.


I spent the rest of the day doing homework, except for the part where I was at a mandatory midweek reflections activity with the rest of my dorm. It’s always interesting to hear everyone else’s thoughts about their experience and compare them to my own. It’s getting late, so I’ll sign out. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics