Friday, June 3, 2011

Blog Tutorial from Way Back When

The blog tutorial was an important event of my spring break. Fortunately it was a day with favorable weather, so after a brisk walk from my house to the Hercules Library, I went to the meeting room, got comfortable, and turned on my laptop.

Don promptly reared the session into gear by having the students introduce themselves to each other. Then, we went over how to blog; from choosing a font style to editing pictures. It was an extremely educational lesson/demonstration. Sadly, the internet connection at the library wasn't cooperating with us, but we managed somehow. Afterward, he succinctly described the importance and function of laptop security cables.

At the tutorial, I met some of the Brown Session II students for the first time. I was fortunate enough to meet Adrianne, Mariko, and a plethora of others (whose names escape me). When I got home, I immediately went to sleep. Why? Because they say you absorb more information as you sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Frank,

    I'm glad you all could make the tutorials. This was our first year mandating them. We've had problems win the past where some of our ILCers would return home complaining because they had never been told how to do certain things or because they were unaware of why they were even being asked to do other things.

    We try to learn as we go and the one thing we learned this time around is that the Wi-Fi at the library leaves a lot to be desired. Perhaps in future years I can bring a switch and hard wire each of our ILCers.

    One thing that's important, Frank, is to never try to pull the wool over the eyes of other people. Let's be honest about this: you went home and took a nap not so the information could soak in. It was a fine Spring day and a nap seemed to be the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics