Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 4: Rain, Rain Go Away

My hotel roommates and I woke up late because our alarm didn’t go off. We woke up to the sound of the hotel phone ringing. Cynthia answered it but no one was on the other end so she hung up. Then we decided to look at the clock to see how much time we had but realized that we had to be ready and in the lobby 15 minutes earlier. We rushed around putting on clothes when the phone rang a second time. I answered it to be greeted by Mr. Ramsey, where I apologized for our tardiness. We ran into the elevator and went to the cars parked out front after getting a speech from Ms. Kronenberg.

We headed to Wellesley College in Massachusetts. It took about an hour to get there and it started raining on the way. Our first time with rain on the east coast was weird because it was still warm. The campus was absolutely stunning and almost immediately won me over. Our tour guide, Anna, passionately described the campus as we walked through it. The tour itself was about the same length as yesterday’s tour at an hour long. However, the tour was filled by bouts of hot rain. I loved the campus and all it had to offer with the dorms, buildings, and architecture. I was intrigued by the mention of quidditch as a sport. Other aspects of student life told me that this school was original and strongly believed in expression. The only drawback for me was that there was only one air conditioned building on the whole tour, despite others’ concerns of it being a woman’s only college.

After the tour, we drove just a few minutes to the restaurant for lunch where we wet Lucy, a Wellesley Admissions Officer. We ate as she answered numerous questions about the school. She was extremely nice and patient. After lunch we headed back to the hotel where we would have a few hours of free time. We spent that time getting our outfits ready for the dinner. We were proud because we were early, but it started raining, which saddened us.

We went to the restaurant for dinner to meet with another Wellesley alum, Joan, and her husband, Guy. They gave us great advice on the admissions process. Joan told us what to tell the admissions officers in the application, but our conversations took a turn for the argumentative when Mr. Ramsey mentioned our essay topic, which we wrote to apply to the Ivy League Program. Then we debated for the rest of the night about the topic until we had to go back to the hotel.

Once we got to hotel, we went directly upstairs to blog. However, we thought we had a meeting with our chaperone, but there was a misunderstanding and the meeting was cancelled. So we went back upstairs to our rooms to blog. I made sure to set our alarm clock correctly this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics