Friday, July 8, 2011

The End.

It's raining.

When I woke up this morning, I knew that today would be the best and worst day of Summer@Brown. Wielding an umbrella, I started my last day at Brown fully prepared.

Class was sad. Of course it was intellectually challenging and educationally beneficial, but it was still sad. I was sad to know that the class was coming to a close and that our time together was almost over. Of course, that was all undermined by my anxiety. We were all presenting our figures!

We each had 3 minutes to teach the class about a certain topic. I didn't gain a lot from the presentations, 3 minutes was definitely not enough to learn about the wide range of topics. It was interesting to see people face their fear of public speaking--which is, in fact, one of the top fears of the American people.

It rained harder.

I ate lunch with classmates and friends, cherishing our time together. In the rain, I went with my friend Rachel to finish our homework. Class was officially over, but we still had homework! One of my friends told me that the weather reflected our moods, and I completely agreed with him.

The day was sad, seeing everyone leaving the campus was emotional. I cried, and I'm not ashamed to have. I met some people here who have become very important in my life.

Summer@Brown may be over, but the trip continues for two more days. I'll never forget my time here at Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics